KPN Health Is A CMS Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) Capable of Reporting On All Measures & Measure Groups
KPN Health’s turnkey solution provides a “one-stop” resource for all your performance measures. KPN Health can be your back office, saving you time and money!
KPN Health is a CMS-approved Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR)
As a QCDR, KPN Health extracts, standardizes and validates data from EHR/PM systems with minimal involvement or effort from the client which allows more time to focus on patient outcomes. Measure selection is based on actual analysis of all Medicare Part B FFS and Non-Medicare Part B data – ensuring only the best measures are reported. Additionally, KPN Health can provide information to you that is specific to Advanced APMs and how to apply.
Extensive Experience & Expertise
KPN Health QCDR Registry services include:
- Group practices, IDNs, health systems and ACOs
- Support for all measures, measure groups and GPRO reporting
- Automated data extraction from EMR/PMS and other disparate data sources (no manual data entry)
- Extraction of all Medicare Part B FFS and Non-Medicare Part B data for analysis
- Analysis of all performance client data output to identify top performance measures
- Data verification and validation audits
- Measure selection recommendation based on actual data analysis
- Electronic data submission to CMS on behalf of client
- Summary report of measures and scores submitted with recommendation for improvement
- Quarterly feedback provided to client on measures
- Online educational resources and webinars
KPN Health professionals have participated in PQRI/PQRS reporting since its inception and have expertise in helping organizations monitor and improve quality performance for MU, PQRS, HEDIS, STARS, pay-for-performance (P4P) and Alternative Payment Models such as MSSP ACOs, Bundled Payments and PCMH programs. Other services include: Data Extraction/ Aggregation; Data Analytics; ACO Management; Behavioral Health Screening; Chronic Care Management; Clinical Integration; Population Health; Practice Transformation; Quality Performance Improvement; and Risk Management.